Soul Cycle Pop-Up


It happened and my first (and hopefully not last) cycle class is in the books!
Target teamed up with SoulCycle to provide pop-up classes across the country and Denver was one of the cities selected. I'll admit I only signed up because a friend mentioned it to try and get a group of us to go together. So when it didn't work out and I was going to venture in my own, I was a little nervous. 😳
After getting signed in I headed up stairs to the "bike room." I got even more nervous when I saw how close the bikes were packed in. I just kept thinking I'm going to make a fool out of myself 😁 So I found my bike, at the front of the room right by the instructor...awesome! (insert sarcasm) The instructor was nice and helped me set up my bike and show me how to click in my shoes and I was ready to go. 
As I sat there waiting for the class to start, I gazed the room and kept thinking to myself "I'm going to look like such a fool," "Everyone's going to be watching me up here," "The instructor is going to call me out for not doing something right." And then we started...
My legs were spinning, my heart was pumping, sweat was pouring down my face and I was IN THE ZONE! I've always loved upbeat music and have rhythm (but can't dance for the life of me) so this class had me rocking! 🎧 I loved pushing myself to the beat of the music and while at first I felt a little silly that quickly faded as I put my head down and got to it 👊🏼 And we weren't just spinning. There were push-ups, body extensions, weights and "running" and before I knew it we were at the cool down. 🚴🏼💦💪🏼
I really wish I could have recorded part of the class because it was so much fun. Our instructor was amazing, her energy was contagious and I wish I could have remembered more than one thing she said to us but at least I got one. "It doesn't have to be perfect; you just have to show up, believe you can and enjoy it." 

No comments: