Hip to the Hippity Hop!

Happy Easter 2015! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend with family and/or friends celebrating this special day. We were thankful that Nonni and Poppa came to visit. But before they got to town, Carson and I had a couple of Easter egg hunts to go to.

First up we went to MyGym for their Easter egg hunt. It's nice to go to events like this because they are in a controlled environment where the kids can roam! And it was divided by age group so there weren't a bunch of older rambunctious kids running around. I didn't get very good pictures of him Easter egg hunting because I had to help him figure out what to do. But he did stay far away from the Easter bunny! I tried my best to get him close, but he took one look and had enough.




The next morning we went to a local nursery where they hold an annual egg hunt. I heard it could be a bit of a zoo, but I decided to tackle the chaos anyways. Well, it was a zoo but I was surprised how organized the chaos was so it was not overwhelming at all. We waited in line for his age group and he did great! He stood right by my side and didn't wander off, and was a pro at getting eggs. We picked up a few eggs then headed out to wait in line for the Easter bunny. Again he did great in line (I think we waited 5-10 minutes). When it was our turn I knew he wouldn't sit there by himself, so I handed my camera to a helper and sat by the bunny with him. We supposedly got "lots of pictures" but the person didn't end up taking a single picture. I was very bummed because the background was so cute and it would have been fun to have those pictures to look back on. I suppose my memory will have to do!






These were Carson's first Easter egg hunts and he also got his first basket on Sunday. I had to give him some chocolate, but it was mostly filled with fun toys. He favorite was this bunny that popped balls out it's nose. His laugh is so cute while he's playing with it! Some other things in his basket were puppets, a book about brothers, a nerf football and a streamer. He also enjoyed the basket filler and made quite the mess with it!








Carson had lots of fun with Nonni and Poppa around and made sure he got to go on lots of wagon rides around the neighborhood. Him and Nonni did lots of balance beam walking in our front yard and I guess Poppa even taught him how to climb rocks! Ha, he beat daddy to that one. And of course another perk of grandparents visiting is date nights! Reid and I headed out to the Colorado Rapids game for a little alone time. We enjoyed watching some soccer and caught a pretty sunset on the way home. Carson even left us a note for when we got back :) Thanks for coming to visit Nonni and Poppa!!







No comments: