'lil bro 28 weeks

I think this is the first time I actually took my picture and completed my blog post on the same day. Yippee!!

I think I'm finally settling in to my growing belly. I'm not quite as achy as I was the last month and I definitely think it's because my body has adjusted to the basketball I'm carrying. I still get achy in my left ribs and side of my back at night (after a very full belly) so the only thing that's comfortable is lying down on my right side. So strange, but this exact thing happened with Carson too. I got the infamous Snoogle pillow and it has helped a bit with my sleeping. I love leaning up against it and that it helps prevents me from sleeping all the way on my back. I miss back sleeping soo much!! Sleep has been off and on for me. If I wake up around midnight to use the restroom those are the nights I get a decent sleep. If I wake up around 3, then I find myself not able to go back to sleep til 5 or 5:30 and my 6:15 alarm (or Carson up at 6:30) are not very welcoming. For the past couple months I've had a half in/half out belly button. It just can't decide if it wants to poke all the way out yet :) My tummy is getting very itchy so I try to lotion up as much as possible. Baby is moving all the time and I'm not starting to feel limbs poking me. Still very strange to experience but exciting all at the same time.

This past month has been a big struggle on the food chart. I have not really wanted to eat at all and just crave ice cream! Probably not the best month to be going through this since I have my glucose test at my next appointment (which I failed with Carson). Working out is going ok. I don't stress if I don't get to something every day, but do walk almost daily. Walking is hit or miss still with my ligament pains, and I think I've pinpointed the problem to how hydrated I am. I still can only last at most 3 miles before the cramps/ligament pains set it, but hydration helps them stay away a bit longer. I don't do much in the workout department anymore. I like to lift weights and do some pregnancy pilates. I actually found a yoga video I enjoy, and need to incorporate it more often.

These last few months are going to go by so quickly so I'm excited to start working on the nursery in the next few weeks. I've slowly been gathering decorations here and there, and we know the dresser we want, so it's a matter of finally starting to piece things together.


How Far Along: 28 weeks
Sleep: Not really. I'll have a few bad nights then one good night
Best Moment of this Month: A new memory foam mattress
Miss Anything: Feeling well rested
Movement: Yes! And now poking of limbs
Anything Make You Queasy: Leftovers and salmon
Food Cravings: Ice cream (I think this was about the time my Blizzard obsession set in with Carson)
Labor Signs: Just lots of tightening
Gender: Boy!
Belly Button: Half in/half out
Happy or Moody: I had a few rough emotional days this past month
Looking Forward To: Hopefully starting to decorate and organize the nursery
Comparison to Carson

No comments: