'lil bro 24 weeks

Time for another update on baby 2! I have been feeling pretty good and even joined a #healthyfitmamas challenge to help keep me on track and accountable for eating right and working out. I'm learning some good tips and tricks, mostly that my legs get tired and sore super fast these days and I need to get more weight workouts back in my routine! So it was a complete shock when I went to my 24 week check-up and stepped on the scale for it to tell me I gained almost 10lbs! I know I'm pregnant, but that seemed like a lot for a month. I'm a few pounds shy of what I weighed when I had Carson. Thankfully the NP re-assured me that I just went through the weeks where you see the most weight gain and that it should taper off from here. Phew! I guess I just feared I was gaining weight in an unhealthy way, which is not what I want to happen. But to go along with this "massive" gain, I do feel like my belly has grown so much in the last couple weeks and my ligament pains are setting in when I go walking :( I had hopes to walk in a Mother's Day race with my moms group, but I know my body won't be able to take the 9K length. Something that's different with this pregnancy is random pelvic pains. The nurse confirmed this baby is sitting much lower so I'll probably feel more of that. I'm starting to also feel lots and lots of Braxton Hicks. I'm not sure if it's because I know what's going on this time around, but I can clearly pick them and monkey's movements out. Which this kid is always on the move! Should be fun when he starts to run out of space in my belly.



How Far Along: 24 weeks
Best Moment This Month: Picking out a name, but it's a secret until he's born
Have You Told Family and Friends: Yes, everyone finally knows!
Miss Anything: Sleeping on my back and not tossing from one side to the next all night long
Movement: I don't think he ever stops! Reid got to feel him for the first time this month
Food Cravings: Mango smoothies, lemon sorbet,
Anything Make You Sick/Queasy: Leftover chicken and salmon are the two we commonly use to eat
Gender Prediction: IT'S A BOY!
Looking Forward To: Keeping up with a healthy lifestyle while I have the energy!
Fun Fact of the Month: XC skiing while pregnant. Never, ever thought I'd do that one!
Comparison to Carson: http://reidntara.blogspot.com/2013/01/carson-24-weeks.html

Bump picture with Carson since it wasn't showing on the blog post


No comments: