Carson: 22 Months

This month was a special one because on the same day Carson was 22 months, I was exactly 6 months pregnant! We love asking Carson where baby is and watching him happily touch my belly and give it kisses. He's even starting to learn his brother's name!

If I had to pick a phrase to describe Carson over the majority of the last month it would be "not a happy camper." I feel like he whined, threw tantrums and cried about 80% of the time, and both Reid and I are exhausted from it!! I'm not sure if it's his last teeth coming in, his personality developing more and more and we aren't able to fully understand him yet, being picky about wanting certain things, or a combination of a bunch of things, but we want our happy, smiley boy back. And to top off the crankiness, he is wanting to be held ALL THE TIME and will let you know how dissatisfied he is if he's not. Maybe he senses I'm pregnant and changes are coming so he's trying to get all our attention NOW, who knows! But I'll just leave it as it was a huge mistake not taking a stroller last weekend and trying to walk with him and Snyder on a trail. Whew, that 1.5 mile walk was a workout!

Trying to sit down at the bridge for a break, and someone wasn't too happy about it

The dog park we walked to. Thankfully he walked around most of the park!
He is becoming more and more of a picky eater. He rarely eats meat (although he ate a whole kids cheeseburger from Wendy's on our trip, (yikes I gave him fast-food but yeah he ate meat)) and dinners lately consist of a few bites followed by the "all done" sign and then walking straight to the snack cabinet and whining for food. It's frustrating Reid and I like crazy! He's still not really talking, but seems to be making some progress. He says mama all the time now which makes me smile :) He LOVES being outside and the only way I can get him to come in is by saying, "Let's go watch basketball" which is then followed by him running to the remote saying "Ba-ball." It's pretty cute! We were going to transition him into a toddler bed this month, but the weekend we had planned he got sick so we will have that too look forward to over the next month. Wish us luck!!











No comments: