'Tis The Season...Pumpkin Porter


I'm not quite sure why I just now came up with the idea to blog about new beers we try. After my college days of Natural Light, I have become quite the beer snob and would prefer not to drink beer if it's not craft (yes that even means no beer at a tailgate). I know call me crazy, but I've lived in two or the best states to ever produce craft beer and it's all I've had the last 5 years. I have had my fair-share of craft beers and even been to numerous breweries across Washington, and I have yet to write one word about them in a post :( So to make up for lost time I'm going to tell you about this fabulous beer I found while on a trip back to the great Pacific Northwest.

The "Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter" comes from Redhook Brewery located in Woodinville, WA (they also have a brewery in NH). For $1 you can take a tour here and you probably walk away drinking 3 beers with all the samples they give. Their food isn't the greatest, but it's a great tour and happens to also be right across from Chateau Set Michelle (we had quite a few people on our tour who just got done with the wine tour). Sounds like a great afternoon to me! Redhook Brewery makes my all-time favorite beer "Long Hammer IPA" so I'm always up to try a seasonal of theirs.

I first tried, and really liked porters, while I was breastfeeding. For whatever reason they say stouts and porters help with milk production and at one point I was desperate for any help! Unlike stouts, porters have the "beery" taste right away and you get the flavor on the after-taste. So that makes this pumpkin porter DELIGHTFUL!! Porters are so smooth and to have that ever-so-delightful pumpkin taste lingering after your sip is heaven-sent. Of course I highly recommend if you are into darker beers.

Cheers!

No comments: