'Tis The Season...Pumpkin Patch


Today was one of those days I feel lucky to be living in Colorado. Isn't that picture above just beautiful?! And to top it off, it was less than a 5 minute drive from our house!! Can't beat that. We ventured out to the Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield for their pumpkin festival. We took a tractor ride to the festival which was full of food and art vendors, live music and of course a corn maze and pumpkin patch. We got rained on a bit on the ride out but it sure made for a beautiful double rainbow. Nice backdrop for some pictures. We went straight to the pumpkin patch and picked out our family pumpkin. Then we searched high and low for a little guy for Carson. Well little did we know they had a separate baby pumpkin patch for the little guys! I thought I found Carson the perfect little pumpkin but as soon as we paid I noticed a soft spot :( Oh well, reason to go to another pumpkin patch!











If we didn't have Carson with us, I think I could have stayed there for a few hours just admiring the beauty. The trees were changing, there were trails all around and with the foothills as a backdrop it was the perfect fall afternoon. I'll be back for sure! I'll leave you with a few pictures I took before and after the pumpkin patch.

Cute in his overalls

Showing me his pumpkin

Playing in the leaves in the front yard

No comments: