Let the Halloween Festivities Begin!

Today was a busy, busy day filled with 3 Halloween activities! Even though Carson has been under the weather with a head cold and 4 teeth coming through, he was a trooper and I think had lots of fun. Carson was a scarecrow this year and I think the outfit I found turned out cute! (sorry in-laws, I haven't become crafty with sewing yet).

Activity Number 1: First up we carpooled with a neighbor to the Children's Museums' Trick or Treat Street. I had never been to the Children's Museum before (but always heard great things) so I was excited to give it a try. I don't think I will go back for an "event" here. The museum is too small for big crowds of people and they really didn't have much "Halloween" stations to make it an "event." Just my personal opinion. None-the-less we had fun playing with a few friends from our mom's group. The outside tent was by far the best part and Carson loved putting the rings on the cones.

Having some fun in the little kid's area at the museum
Playing in the medical room for monsters with his friend Juno
He was obsessed with all the Halloween decorations hanging around
His favorite game
Sharing with Juno
Another fun game outside the museum
Lastly throwing bean bags in the monster
Trying to take pics at the display, but we were getting restless
We wanted a mom's group pic, but apparently we "cut the line" and people were not happy!
Selfie with my scarecrow at the museum

 Activity Number 2: After a nap, we headed to MyGym for their Spooktacular Halloween Party! This was by far my favorite event and the staff did such a fantastic job! It was basically an extra class to attend but kids could wear costumes. How they managed to come up with age appropriate activities for kids 1 year to 10 years I will never understand, but it was fantastic and so much fun!!

Selfie with my scarecrow at MyGym
Bouncing at MyGym
He's getting so good at climbing and going down the slides
So happy he didn't have to participate in circle time :P 
Bubbles with Ms Nikki
Loving the bubbles
Having a conversation with himself

 Activity Number 3: After MyGym we went to daddy's office, where he was busy working :( So we wandered the office halls before heading over to the Streets at SouthGleen for their Spooky Streets event. I think lesson learned here is Carson's age is not good to "trick or treat" with. All he wants to do is run around, but there were too many people. Not to mention there was a line at every store to get your treat and there was no way he would be patient enough to wait in all those lines. Again, it was fun to see more friends from our mom's group and all the kiddos in their costume.

Trick or Treats with his bucket
Balloons from Old Navy
Mom's Group
Playing by the fountain
My cute scarecrow
Love!
Of course we find the muddy puddles

No comments: