We're Homeowners (and Happy 4th)

After a very stressful month of June, we can FINALLY say that we are homeowners :) Reid and I are very excited for our first place and the projects have already begun. Our first major project is our main bathroom. For now I'll show you where we are with it, as the house is still a hodgepodge of boxes and un-organization (which is driving me CRAZY). The bathroom started out as a 60x83 "hot tub" as the main bath, which rendered the shower head useless. We did a complete gut and are planning a nice 5 piece bathroom suite. Reid has put in a lot of hours working on this, with the help of my dad and brother last weekend and his stepdad this weekend.

Good-bye "hot tub"
Hello bathtub and walk-in shower

But aside from all the projects that need to take place, we LOVE our new neighborhood. I can't believe it took me this long to move down south. So much more peaceful. Finally Colorado is starting to feel like home. So stay tuned to future house updates and let me know if you want the new address :)

Now on to the 4th. I was browsing Facebook and suddenly felt sad I didn't take any cute, fun 4th of July pictures. Guess we have been too caught up in house work to go out and do anything. I did happen to take a walk with my mother-in-law this evening and we passed some people setting off fireworks. We stopped to let Carson watch and he actually LOVED them. He was bouncing up and down in the stroller at the lights. It was too cute. Then back at home, the neighbors were setting off the "big ones." To my surprise the noise did not bother him. Must get that from his daddy :) So since I didn't take any cute pictures, I'll leave you with some from a 4th of July photo shoot we did with our new mommy/baby group a few weeks ago. Happy 4th everyone. Hope you all had a safe, fun holiday!






No comments: