Weekend Shenanigan's

We have had pretty boring weekends lately (boring in the sense of us loving to be outside) since we are hard at work on the house. I believe the bathroom will be in working condition by the end of the week (so excited) and that is really all we were hoping to get done right away. After that we want to take a couple weekends off and give ourselves, and our wallet, a break!

Here is an update on our bathroom. The wainscot is up and painted and the double vanities are installed! We have to cut down our countertop ourselves (bummer) because the person we took it to did not do the sink cutouts correctly. The last big thing left is tiling the shower and a fresh coat of South Pacific paint. And while Reid has been busy with the bathroom, I have been working on the yard during Carson's naps. Our yard needs A LOT of help, so my main task now is cleaning up all the branches and weeds the previous owners left behind. I have made quite a bit of progress (though still not picture worthy) but have discovered some unwelcome guests lurking around. I've noticed one snake in the backyard before but today I saw one in the front. I was weed-eating and he was just hanging out right where I was cutting (eek!). I did not see him but something stopped me and sure enough a peered down and that slithery thing with a red stripe was curled up looking at me. So after many attempts to scoop him up and pass him along to a neighbor (I know, aren't I nice) he slithered away to a bush and I lost him. Then I headed to the backyard and discovered the original one I'd seen. I was hoping it was the same snake and we'd only have to deal with one lurking around, but this one had a yellow stripe and a different temperament. Then I found his friend, with a red stripe, that was behaving just as the one I saw out front. Hopefully these are the only two and we don't have a bigger problem to deal with.




We also were able to squeeze in a little bit of family time by going to the pool! Carson was quite adventurous in the water today and kept crawling in the depth where he couldn't crawl. Poor guy, if only he would learn to walk he could do so many more things!! And we went to our first My Gym class (similar to Gymboree). He loved exploring but surprise surprise did not sit still at song time during the beginning of the class. He must have wore himself out because when they did story time at the end he actually sat and paid attention! My favorite was giving the kids "separation" time where they piled toys in the middle of the room and asked the parents to step away! He did so good :) I was also able to bond with my other child a bit. We finally bought our annual dog pass to Chatfield and that place is awesome!

Family pool day

So cute!

Walking through the fountains with mommy

No matter what we do, this kid always finds the concrete

Playing in the ball pit during "separation time"

Swinging in the dolphin

Climbing the tower

This kid loves to push balls around

Silly pup running through one of the ponds at Chatfield dog park

And lastly I can't leave without a couple videos of things Carson is working on. First up is our touchdown arms for football season! It's still hit or miss if he'll do it, but I'm working diligently to make it consistent. Next is working to put shoes on. If we hand him his shoes, he gives it a try or he'll find of our shoes and try to put his foot in. It's too cute!




No comments: