'lil monkey 20 weeks

20 week profile picture

It's a boy!!

Baby's foot

I delayed my 20 week post a bit because I was waiting to share our news that our 'lil monkey is a BOY!! This is just what I wanted, Carson to have a partner-in-crime and life long friend. Reid was a little bummed it wasn't a girl because he said he thought one of each would have been nice and I think after it sunk in it was a boy, I got a little bummed too that this is our last one and we wouldn't get to see what a little girl of ours would look like. We also had trouble thinking of another name for a boy because we wanted it to have meaning like Carson did. We had plenty of girl names ready, so I didn't feel "connected" to our new boy until we finally got the perfect name! But sorry, you'll have to wait 'til he's born to find out!! I can tell you it has a special meaning to us just the same way Carson's name came about. So start Googling "Colorado" names all you want and take a guess :) I'm so excited for Carson to have a brother and best friend for life!

To share the gender with our parents this go around, I wanted to make things simple. If you don't remember what went down last time, here's a reminder (sorry for some pictures not showing up). I had pre-purchased some scratch-off cards in both genders, and planned to mail them out the same day we found out the gender. Well it's a good thing I tested them before sending them out because they were horrible! They didn't scratch at all and I decided to not send them at all. So we scrambled to come up with plan B which turned out to be cupcakes! Reid called up a local bakery where are parents lived and they made some blue-filled cupcakes which my brother picked up and delivered. After that we Facetimed our parents while they took a bite to reveal the gender. I made sure to video the reveal, but I should have had them turn the cupcakes around. Still fun to see their reaction in person (Reid's family / Tara's family)

Horrible scratch-off cards. They ripped when using a penny

A fingernail barely worked


I have been feeling pretty good this past month. Workouts are going good, I can eat just about anything, energy level is good, but I can't seem to get a good night's rest anymore. So aside from feeling not well rested, I have no complaints about my second trimester thus far.





How Far Along: 20 weeks
Best Moment This Week: Finding out the gender
Have You Told Family and Friends: My parents finally got the big news!
Miss Anything: Sleeping on my back. Let the restless nights begin
Movement: All the time! He kicked during the ultrasound and even the tech was shocked she could feel it so early
Food Cravings: I pretty much just want to eat all the time
Anything Make You Sick/Queasy: Still just a few things that sound completely unappetizing
Gender Prediction: Well I was totally wrong and IT'S A BOY!
Looking Forward To: All the excitement is gone for a while because baby's name will be a secret!
Fun Fact of the Month: Teaching Carson to say brother and his brother's name
Comparison to Carson: http://reidntara.blogspot.com/2013/01/baby-j-20-weeks.html

To wrap this post up, we took Carson to Build-A-Bear to make something for his little brother. Even though it was more of mommy making the animal and daddy chasing him around the store, we had fun and now the brothers will each have a Build-A-Bear with matching overalls!

Picking out the doggie's personality traits

Pushing the pedal to help stuff

Daddy and Carson washing the doggie

All done making a dog for his little brother

Big Bro Teddy and Lil Bro Doggy


No comments: