'lil monkey 13 weeks


Well, here we go again! Last time we kept our pregnancy a secret for 7 weeks and we have topped that for sure this time (to some extent). On November 2, 2014 I took the all important test and here we are! This time around I knew for sure I was pregnant, and even had a negative test 2 days prior but my gut told me it was wrong. With this news in mind, we opted to change up our insurance plan, and delay our first visit 'til after the first of the year. With Carson, my "dates" did not align so I knew this kid would be the same, so I went in to my appointment with absolutely no idea how far along I was. I thought the least amount would be was 10 weeks, and most 12 and I was still off! 13 weeks and one day was my first appointment. Unfortunately this poor child eerily resembled a monkey on our sonogram images, so we have named him/her "monkey" til we find out the gender (plus we got crap from friends about Baby J being too close of a name to that stupid blue and red bird that drives all us purple cat fans crazy!?)


So who knows? Only a few good friends, some moms from my moms group and all of Reid's office knows about our pregnancy. I'm planning a trip to see my family mid February and I got Carson a big brother T-Shirt to surprise them! If we don't see Reid's mom prior to that, we will probably Skype her with Carson wearing his new shirt. I've also got a picture session lined up later this month with a fellow mom who is starting up her own photography business!

I've already gone back and read my 12 week post with Carson and boy has this pregnancy been different. I feel like I've gained so much weight (even though according to the doc it's only been 2 lbs) and I am showing a bit already, especially in the evenings. It was so hard hiding my belly from my parents when they were here for Christmas. I just hope they thought I gained a few pounds from all the holiday treats. I have been non-stop nauseous and to top it off Carson is bringing home lots of germs from daycare. I think I was sick-free for one week in December :( I've had the flu, a bad sinus infection, and numerous colds. But one of the worst was a horrible few days of nausea that started Christmas Eve and lasted for 3 days. That meant I did not enjoy any of the delicious foods we had for the holidays! I was lucky to even take bites of it all.

So I'll end with my first update questionnaire...



How Far Along: 13 weeks
Best Moment This Week: Finally making it to the doctor for our first appointment and getting pictures of our 'lil monkey
Have You Told Family and Friends: Only one family member (a cousin in Ft Collins) knows and a few friends. We are waiting to tell our parents in person
Miss Anything: Feeling well! Sickness has been the story of this pregnancy for the first trimester
Movement: Too soon
Food Cravings: Anything lemon/lime
Anything Make You Sick/Queasy: Just about everything, but if I could force a few bites it got better
Have You Started To Show Yet: Baby likes to pop out a little in the evening after a full day of meals
Gender Prediction: I strongly prefer a boy, but would be happy with whatever God gives us
Looking Forward To: Our pregnancy announcement pictures later this month
Fun Fact of the Month: I'm shocked I made it through both Thanksgiving and Christmas without spilling the beans to our parents
Comparison With Carson: http://reidntara.blogspot.com/2012/11/baby-j-12-weeks.html

No comments: