Mohawk Lakes

Our Labor Day weekend adventure was a hike at Mohawk Lakes outside Breckenridge. The hike was about 7 miles round trip and Carson did fantastic!! He mostly naps when we walk and if he is awake he takes in the scenery (he likes trees) or gnaws on his hands, lol. I got quite a good workout hauling Carson up the trail and I let Reid carrying him down because I'm notorious for tripping. This hike was the first time I had to change a diaper while out and let me say it is challenging to find a nice soft spot to lay him down!! So glad we are able to get out and go hiking again.



Reid at Mayflower Lake

Tara and Carson at Continental Falls

Tara and Carson at Lower Mohawk Lake
 

Reid and Carson on the hike out


We got quite a few remarks while out. Some people would see Snyder and go, oh cute dog and then look again and another, oh cute baby! One lady said it was great to see a baby on the trail and a few days said, I remember those days!! We had someone offer to take a family picture by the falls but apparently she didnt' press the button because we got no such picture :( Oh well, we'll get one on the next adventure.

After our hike we stopped in Frisco and ate at Moose Jaw. I guess I should have read the reviews more carefully when picking a place to eat because when we got there it was an extreme dive-bar atmosphere. Thankfully it was the middle of the afternoon and wasn't too "rowdy." A little afraid to get something to eat (I was thinking it would just be greasy bar food) I went ahead and ordered a hamburger and to my surprise it was delicious!!

Next week my mom is coming to town because Reid is going to climb in the Tetons (in Wyoming). And after that we are heading to North Carolina for a family beach vacation :)


No comments: