Fun In The Sun

First family beach vacation
Cute 'lil beach baby

Last weekend we got to take our first family vacation to the beach!! We met Reids mom, stepdad and his two sisters and their families at Topsail Island in Surf City, NC. We had so much fun, but were thankful we actually made it!

The day we planned to leave was also the day Denver decided to have tons of rain. We ran into to many closed roads and tons of traffic. We had to park at the airport garage (cha-ching) just to have a fighting chance to catch our flight. Of course no other airline had a line to their baggage check so we patiently waited our turn. After finally making it to the front (with 30min until depature) we were sent to a kiosk behind a family of 5 and the lady took forever to check them in. During this time I was asking if we could move to another kiosk to be helped quicker since our flight left very soon. It was then that I was informed we had already "missed" our flight because we arrived after the alloted 45min timeframe before a flight left....and I thought I was stressed out before trying to get to the airport. We continued to wait now to find a new flight to take us to NC. Well little did we know the lady checked us in to our original flight (25min to go) so after we checked the luggage we hoofed it to the security line only to get to the front and discover they didn't print Reid's boarding pass. I continued on while Reid went back. After making it through security (15min remaining), I'm running down the hallway, Carson strapped in a carrier, the carseat over my shoulder and pushing the stroller with an additional bag in it. I must have looked like a fool because two kind strangers came to my rescue and helped me rush to the gate. We finally arrived and as I'm getting my gate check tags, here comes Reid, sweat dripping down his face as he had just sprinted through the airport to catch up to us. And so we finally boarded the plane with 5 minutes to spare. Yikes!! Not a good start to the vacation.


First plane ride

But we finally made it to the beach house (at 2am) and were happy to get some rest! During our trip we mostly played at the beach and of course watched some football! I tried boogie-boarding for the first time and I think I mastered being taken out by waves more than riding them. Good sinus cleansing I guess, lol! We were sad when the vacation came to an end but it was so much fun spending time with family. I can't wait when the cousins are old enough to play with each other. I'm sure our vacations will be much more interesting then!!


Checking out the waves


What is this stuff?

Our trip home was much more calm than the one out there. But bad news we did all bring colds back with us. I think Reid has it the worst and it's so sad to see Carson miserable. He has also decided to start waking up every two hours at night. I don't know if it's him not feeling well or maybe another growth spurt (or both) but I'm ready for him to be back to his normal 9:30p-5:30a sleeping schedule.


Our sick lil boy

Stay tuned...Carson will be 4 months on Monday and also has a check-up




No comments: