4 Month Check-Up

Four Months Old with my cool socks
Wanting to put everything in his mouth

It's time for another check-up! Carson is becoming more and more aware of his hands. His favorite past time is putting them in his mouth! Not only does he suck his thumb, but he will stick two fingers in almost gagging himself and sometimes tries for the whole fist. Who knows what that is all about! But the best is a new trick I caught on camera (no repeats, I caught the first time)!! While admiring his new outfit, he managed to reach out and grab his toes :) Before too long I'm sure he'll master the "happy baby" pose.

Newborn: 8lbs 6.3oz and 20.5 in
Two Weeks: 9lbs 1oz and 21in
Two Months: 12lbs 9.5oz and 25 in
Four Months: 13lbs 13oz and 25.5 in
 
Number-wise he hasn't grown much since our last check-up but he seems to have grown more than they say (11th percentile for height and 5th for weight). We are already transitioning in to six months clothes and we have to wear 12-24 month size socks to stay on our feet. While we were hanging out in the waiting room, I took Carson into the kids nook and we played with some toys. As I was flicking and twirling the toy below, he was smiling and giggling at me. So fun to watch him becomming more aware.



So I think we can safely guess who Carson is taking after looks-wise. Everyone says he looks just like me, and I have to agree. Reid noticed dimples on him the other day and I can tell by those big eyes he looks just like his momma. That's okay because I think he is taking Reid's personality. Such a goofy guy who always has a smile for you, just like daddy.
 
 
 
After our appointment we went to meet up with cuz Erinn who was visiting from Monterey. So glad we were able to stop by and say hi, even if she did take blackmail pics of Carson with Jayhawk attire :( But she also helped me discover another new trick for Carson...feeding himself.



Well I'm not sure how 4 months will be able to top 3 months but we will see! With trips to the mountains and beach already under his belt, we've got to come up with more new and exciting things for him. First up, a family adventure to Aspen!!

No comments: