The Makings of a Nursery and an Added Surprise

I am so excited that we finally have the big pieces of the nursery here! I can't wait to start adding the little touches to bring it all together. We decided to make the nursery an outdoor themed room (surprise surprise!) I have decided I'm not a fan of the cutesy baby looking stuff so he is going to have a more "grown-up" looking nursery (or that's my plan anyways). I am sure I will have Pinterest to thank when it is all said and done. Here is what we have so far, and the projects we are working on.

The all important crib. Thanks Nonni and Poppa for giving little man a place to sleep

Our dresser we found at a thrift store for $25

Reid discovered Milk Paint which we are going to use to re-finish the dresser

And the surprise Baby J has a name!! This is the first artwork for the nursery

Yeah we don't have to refer to the little man as Booger or Baby J anymore as Reid and I have decided to name our son Carson Joseph Jennings! And here is how the name unfolded...

If we had a boy, we always knew his middle name was going to be Joseph after Reid's dad. His dad's name also began with a "C" so I had always liked the idea of possibly naming him something that began with a "C" too. Next piece is that if we were going to have a girl, she was going to be named after a mountain (McKinley) so we thought why not do the same for a boy too. Then we realized that the last big mountain we climbed together before we found out I was pregnant was Kit Carson! Perfect!! Not only was it a mountain name but it also started with a "C.". Hopefully one day Reid and I will be able to take Carson up the mountain which he was named after.

Stay tuned for my 24 week baby post coming on Thursday :)

No comments: