Spooktacular Halloween Surprise

Well Reid and I are so happy to finally be able to share with everyone that we are expecting our first child in May! We have been keeping our little secret for a long 7ish weeks and have finally made it to the point where we can share our exciting news. So of course I drug Reid out to take some pictures to share the great news and here is what we came up with...

Baby J coming in May
 
My edited version to celebrate sharing the news on Halloween

The news came as a big surprise to us but that is exactly how we wanted it to happen. For me, it took a while to sink in that I was actually pregnant, but now that some time has gone by for the news to digest we are both very excited for the future and to meet our little one. For a funny side-story, if the date on the pumpkin (5/23/13) sounds familiar this happens to be our anniversary date. Hopefully Baby J decides to come a bit before so he/she doesn't have to share a birthday with mom and dad's anniversary.

Of course our parents were the first to know and living away from them we weren't exactly sure how to share the news. So Reid calls his mom (this will be her third grandchild) and just threw it into the conversation. "That is how you are going to tell me," was her reaction! I think she was looking for a little more creativity. As for my parents (their first grandchild) I asked if they had their grandparent names picked out yet. My dad was so shocked by the news that he called back about 30min later to tell me congrats and that the news finally sunk in. Like father like daughter I suppose because I took 4 pregnancy tests and still didn't believe it was really true. But as all good grandparents do, they have begun the spoiling of a grandchild and are getting him/her ready to be a future Wildcat!

Future Wildcat on board

Well I will leave you all with a final picture of our latest ultrasound. This was taken at 9 weeks and we could see the outline of a spine, the division of the brain hemisphere's and the little arms and legs starting to poke out. Baby J also decided to do some dancing for us which was very cute. Oh and for those of you that follow me on Pinterest, beware of the baby posts that will be added over the next few days. I've had many weeks to find and save good posts to be added at a later date.

9 week ultrasound image

No comments: