Pumpkin Sunday

Well we had planned to set out to climb another one of Colorado's 14ers this weekend (Quandary) but the weather altered our plans. We decided that 25mile winds with 40+ gusts creating sub zero temperatures just wasn't our thing this weekend. Sure we have all the gear to go out, but living so close allows us to choose more favorable weather to climb in. So Quandary, you will wait!

Instead Saturday we met up with my sorority sister and watched K-State win another game!! So so proud of my alma mater and what they are doing this season. It truly is a dream come true. Sunday was what I called my "pumpkin" day as I made another pumpkin recipe and we carved our pumpkins that evening.

First up my Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate which I found on Pinterest (surprise)! I altered slightly (adding nutmeg instead of cloves) but it still tasted pretty good. And I have extra for the week ahead.

Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate
Servings: 4

3 cups whole milk (I used almond milk)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (recipe calls for 1/8 teaspoon cloves)
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 ounces white hot chocolate (roughly chopped)

Heat the milk, pumpkin puree, spices and vanilla in sauce pan until it starts to simmer. Remove from head and add the chocolate, stirring until melted. Pour into mugs and enjoy!

Now on to our pumpkins. To no surprise one of us had to make a K-State pumpkin. That ended up being Reid which left me undecided and debating between an owl or a flower. I decided to be different (owls seem to be my go to) so found a sunflower. One minor flaw but it turned out pretty cute.


I would say these are our "ode to Kansas" pumpkins
 

No comments: