Summertime Fun

I don't even know where to begin this time as we have had a lot go on this past week. First a big congrats to my husband for taking the bar exam!! Now we play the waiting game until Oct to find out if he passed or not. With Reid taking the bar this week, my days were all messed up. Wednesday was his last day of testing so we went out to celebrate. Weird going out on a Wednesday so my mind was telling me it was Friday.

When the weekend finally arrived we had lots of fun plans. Saturday we went to the Colorado Rapids vs Seattle Sounders soccer game. We wore our bright green proud and helped cheer Seattle on to a victory!

Wearing our Sounders gear proudly as we cheer at Dicks Sporting Goods Park

Sunday we went out and explored more of Colorado. We set out for the Arapho National Forest near Mt Evans. Mt Evans is one of Colorado's mountains that is above 14,000 feet and what is most popular about this mountain is you can take a road to the top. It is suppose to be the highest paved road in America. But be warned if you are afraid of heights, I do not recommend the drive up. I am very much afraid of heights so this part of the trip was not fun for me. If heights are fine with you then this is one drive I would recommend.

Well Reid and I aren't the drive to the top of mountain people, so we parked just below the summit and did some off-trail exploring, away from the crowds. Sometimes this is the best way to see nature because it is untouched. On this trip we saw our first wildlife, a couple deer and a herd of mountain goats. Overall it was a great trip and we made it out just as the thunder began. Gotta love the afternoon thunderstorms!

Reid and I at the summit of Epaulet Mountain

Me with Mt Bierstadt (left) in the background. This was the first 14er I climbed when we moved here

No comments: