Baby Steps in Taking a Hobby to the Next Level

So lately I've been thinking of how I can get back into the design world! I have a degree in Mass Communications, with an emphasis in Print Journalism and I am always so happy when I get the task to make a graduation invitation, church logo, or just scrapbooking my life. In an ideal world I would love to go back to school to get a certificate in graphic design or some sort of print production, more or less for a confidence boost. While this won't be happening anytime soon, I'll spend my time reading about techniques that I can one day incorporate into a design business and creating my own "practice projects" here and there.

I've been pondering what I would one day call my design business (I hate the word business as I in vision this more as a hobby I might get paid for), but here is what I've settled on:

my design name and authenticated stamp for work

title of my blog which will include prior work, design techniques, my inspiration and more


signature

What do you think? My husband Reid helped me make the final decision on name and font to use. While I still have a long ways to go, I'm glad I finally have a concept to roll with when the day comes that I bring this to life.

1 comment:

guila said...

I love the look. Don't ever give up on your dreams!