On The Road Again

We've had quite the adventurous fall this year but one isn't complete without a trip back to Manhattan for some K-State football! On Thursday we headed out making the long drive to my friend Stephanie's house. (BTW if you ever find yourself driving from Denver to KC with kids, plan for a stop in Colby, Kan where there's a gas station that has a playground and now a fenced in dog run. It's a perfect place to grab some lunch and stretch your legs). While I love Cooper's age right now, I do not love it for car rides!

We got to my friends house, settled in and rested up for a fun fall Friday. We picked up Steph's boys from daycare and made our way to a pumpkin patch in Alma, Kan. I always say I could never live in Kansas again, but I sure do miss the small town feel of everything. This was the cutest patch with plenty of entertainment for kids and the best...no crowds! Steph's boys are 2 and 4 so everyone had so much fun together.



















After the pumpkin patch we headed back to Manhattan to grab dinner at Tallgrass Tap House and watch the K-State homecoming parade.The boys were so cute afterwards and somehow all held hands long enough for some adorable pictures!




The next day was football day and I can't wait til the boys are old enough to enjoy a game with us. But for now they enjoyed some time with their Grammy and PopPop while mom and dad cheered the Wildcats to a victory.






After the game we met up with my parents for a little bit to see the boys and then they graciously kept them at their hotel for the night. Thanks mom and dad for the night off from parenting! Reid and I walked around Aggieville but it just wasn't the same anymore. We did stop in at a new (to us) donut shop where I grabbed a K-State victory bite.



Weekends in Manhattan are always a good time so.... until next year!





No comments: