Real People, Real Results: Insanity Asylum

My poor short-statured body...it took quite the beating during my second pregnancy. I am no where near where I thought I would be look wise post partum, but it's not holding me back from daily workouts and healthy eating. And I'm happy to say I'm finally starting to feel "skinny" again and feeling great is all that really matters!



Insanity Asylum is NO JOKE! It's a sports-training workout program and I would say requires you to be in decent shape to make it through. The good thing about this program is it's only 30 days, yeah! But it's 30 days of intense workouts 40-60 minutes long. Thankfully Shaun T is generous and throws in a few random rest and "relief" days. If you love fast paced, total body workouts then I challenge you to give Insanity Asylum a try.


One of my biggest struggles is always food. Being a full time working mom with two young boys, I am tired ALL-THE-TIME and I expend most of my "extra" energy on making sure I get my workout in. But I feel like I did pretty good with food this time. Insanity Asylum follows a guideline of what to eat each meal (example: #1 protein and starch, #2 vegetable and protein, #3 protein and starch-3x a week, #4 vegetable and protein and #5 vegetable). Here is generally what I ate throughout the month.

Meal One: Oatmeal with protein powder, walnuts and blueberries
Meal Two: Protein Bar and occasionally an apple
Meal Three: Salad with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, chicken and a balsamic vinaigrette or a chicken pita with cucumbers, red onion and feta.
Meal Four: Smoothie with protein powder, spinach, frozen fruit, avocado and almond milk
Meal Five: Protein and vegetable


This is my second time doing Asylum so I knew what I was in for. I'm happy I'm starting to physically feel better, even if the appearance isn't there quite yet. But what pictures also don't tell you is I'm a push-up queen and I'm feeling so strong! So on to the next challenge...Insanity Max:30!



No comments: