lil bro 38 weeks


TWO MORE WEEKS! Ah I can't believe it! I'm ready, not ready, excited, stressed, so many emotions going in to the final stretch! I finally have the nursery ready, a stock of diapers, clothes washed, cleaning underway but the list goes on still!! Good thing I have a 3-day weekend coming up.

For being two weeks out I'm feeling pretty good. I have been going to a pre-natal BARRE class on Saturday mornings and yesterday one of the other ladies commented, "If I were 38 weeks I'd be in bed or on the couch!" I definitely do not exercise as much as I should (aside from chasing around the toddler or cleaning up the yard and house) and I have been trying to be more motivated about it, but for whatever reason right now I focus more on organization of the house and getting last minute things done. And unfortunately my body is hurting because of it. With Carson at this point, I remember feeling so large and unable to move at a reasonable speed by the end of the day. But I was waking up every morning and doing 10-15 min of stretching/yoga before work so my body wasn't achy. Actually I was achy for other reasons. I've learned this go-around that I can not eat full meals as it creates a pain in the upper side of my back. So you will find me snacking lot these days. Now I'm a different kind of achy. My hips hurt and thanks to the summer heat my lower legs and feet feel swollen. But thankfully I do not feel as large this go around, I still walk at a decent pace and have energy to chase the toddler around/do housework. Overall I feel great for for being 38 weeks.

At my latest appointment there was still no signs of dilation. When asked if I had any concerns, I said only if this kid is bigger than Carson was and having a c-section. So we played the "guess what baby will weigh game" and my doctor is estimating 7-7 1/2 lbs. While this sounds great, I'm not getting my hopes up because she said the same thing about Carson (I think she may have said upper 7s for him) whom I delivered at 8lbs 6.3 oz. But she also said that there have been some recent studies between a mom's guess vs an OB's guess at the size a baby will be at birth and the moms were more accurate. So I'm crossing all fingers and toes that since I'm feeling smaller this time luck might be on my side! I guess all we can do is wait and see!!

Lastly Reid and I had a wonderful baby shower from his co-workers. There was delicious snacks and a ridiculously good white-chocolate raspberry bundt cake and everyone was so kind in getting us a few last minute things to help prepare for our newest bundle. Unfortunately I didn't snap any pictures, but someone did a fantastic job hand-making adorable nature-themed decorations in teal, green and orange. Reid is so lucky to have found such a great work environment.

No comments: