We Tried It! January

I'm excited for my first blog post about one of my New Year's resolutions. I feel like we cook the same thing over and over again, so this year I wanted to venture out and try some new things. This is a big step for me because I do not like to be in the kitchen or buy all the obscure ingredients at the store, so we will see how this goes. Here's what we were up to in January (and you can also follow along with my Pinterest board).

Pull Apart Coffee Cake
First up was an excuse to use up some Pillsbury biscuits I had. We've always like making something special for breakfast for Saturday mornings, so that's what we went for. Let's just say we should have went on a hike that afternoon to walk off this yummy cake.

Mini Pot Pies
Vegetables are one thing I eat the same thing of over and over again (I'm not a fan of many veggies), so it was nice to make something to incorporate some new vegetables and be able to disguise their flavors a bit. They were also a great way to get my one and a half year old to eat some meat!

Island Pork Tenderloin
I'm not quite sure why, but every time we try to bake pork or cook it in the crockpot, it comes out dry 8/10 times. Well this recipe solved all problems!! This was delicious and leftovers would be great on a salad we discovered when we did the P90X program (greens, cranberries, island pork and clementines).

Spinach Chocolate Chip Muffins
These were shared by a mom from my mom's group as a convenient toddler snack! Well they are that and quite addicting for an adult too, as they are so easy to grab and snack on. Me not being a chocolate person all the time, and with Carson making a mess when I heated these up, I'm excited to try different combinations with these muffins.

No comments: