Happy New Years 2015!

Last night we rung in the new year with some new friends and Carson's first sleep over...well until midnight anyways! We headed over to a friends house for a playdate and snacks before putting the kids to bed, and then the adults enjoyed more goodies while playing Cards of Humanity and Telestrations. Not really being a "game" person, these two games were great (side note play Apples to Apples instead of Cards of Humanity for more "clean" language). But I think Telestrations had to be the ultimate winner! Remember when you were a kid and you told the person sitting next to you a word, and you went all the way around the circle to see if the word came back to you the same? Some of you may have called it "telephone," well this is played the exact same way but with drawing pictures on a dry-erase board. It was truly so much fun, who wants to get it for me as a birthday gift ;)

We went in to the night not planning on staying up until midnight but we got caught up in some fun games and we are glad we stayed out. And a special bonus, Carson slept til 9:30 the next day! Then on New Years day we were invited to another playdate and it was nice to get back out and see some moms from the moms group I joined. December kicked my butt with sickness!



So now time for "resolutions." I've never really been true to my past resolutions, so #1 on the list this year is to really, I mean REALLY, try hard! So here we go from there...

1. My MIL got me a sewing machine for Christmas so I would like to make at least 5 things by the end of the year as a starting point.

2. Keep a weekly workout journal/log. I have done this in the past, but always stopped once I did good for two weeks. Then naturally I get off track because I don't have that piece of paper keeping me accountable anymore.

3. To make one Pinterest/magazine recipe every two weeks. I ideally would like to do this once a week, but a goal of every other week seems more feasible.

And while I'm sure I could think of more, you never want to overwhelm yourself which ultimately sets you up for failure! So I'll finish the post with a few pictures of Carson wrapping up his 2014 with some snow. Happy New Years family and friends!





No comments: