It's Beginning To "Feel" A Lot Like Christmas (part 1 of 3)

The holidays are just around the corner and we kicked off our season with a visit from my family to babysit while Reid and I went to his company holiday party. This year we went to the Denver Chophouse located in downtown just across from Coors Field. This year they played something similar to "Let's Make A Deal" so Reid and I rummaged our closets for random stuff to pack my purse. I think we walked away with $15 or $20 from my stuffed purse! Reid always was the lucky recipient of a nice "gag" gift from his boss which everyone got a good laugh for. Then came the food!! When we arrived, we caught the end of happy hour and they had some yummy appetizers. I made sure to eat some veggies to make me feel better about myself. Then we were served our salads and a delicious corn bread with honey butter. For dinner I ordered the filet (mouth watering) served with veggies and mashed potatoes and dessert was a selection of various items you could walk up and choose from. I made a bad choice and picked the strawberry cheesecake, but all that was strawberry was a very sugary/syrup like drizzle that overpowered everything. Oh well! I just wasn't feeling chocolate that night.



Next up was Christmas with my family on Sunday morning. Carson had so much fun pulling the paper out of bags and ripping the wrapping paper. For whatever reason he has been ripping apart little pieces of paper recently and bringing them to us, so Christmas presents came at a perfect time!






Sunday evening we went to Hudson Gardens for their holiday light show. This was a lot of fun, especially for a kid who points at any and every light he sees in stores, around the house, etc. Thankfully the grounds were big enough it didn't seem to crowded, but this year we didn't take advantage of the wagon rides or Santa. Long lines and toddlers just don't seem to go hand-in-hand right now, lol! I think my favorite was the row of trees that was synced to Christmas tunes. I wish my phone wouldn't have died so I could have taken a video.


















Stay tuned for parts 2 and 3 of our holiday festivities. So far, Christmas is off to a GREAT start!


No comments: