Carson: 10 Months



And now for what Carson has been up to this past month. Actually it seems more accurate to say what hasn't he been up to! This kid has quite the personality these days!! He is ALWAYS on the move and needs your constant eye so he doesn't do anything too crazy. The other day I took a picture because he was actually playing with his toys, rather than dumping the bin to make a mess, then crawling to do something else. So I mentioned in my last post he fell down the stairs...well let's just say our baby gates are getting good use now. Since he has now mastered going up stairs, he thinks it's time to start learning to go down them. Well I unfortunately forgot to close the gate to the downstairs while I washed some dishes the other day. I heard him "talking" and thought to myself, hmmm that sounds like an area of the house he shouldn't be in. I go to check on him and see he made it down 3 stairs all by himself. Just as I went to reach for him, that's when he toppled and rolled down the remaining 4. Oops!



But as much work as he is, it is wonderful that he has such a bright personality and is always in a smiley mood. My favorite is when we get him to do good "belly laughs." So what is Mr. C doing now. Well we are eating some sort of finger food at almost every meal. We do pasta, cheese, peas, blueberries, cheerios and clementines mostly. I judge how good he is getting by how much food ends up in the highchair after, lol. He can give high-fives and also recently started to wave. According to Nonni, it looks like the pageant wave! He can now give kisses (when he wants to sit still long enough with you :)) He is very good at mocking noises you make. Right now he loves to make a trumpet noise by vibrating his lips together. He still is nowhere near close to walking and seems very unsure of his balance. So we'll keep the raw, red knees for a while! But I think it's safe to say his all time favorite thing to do is bounce. He jumps up and down in the crib when we go in to get him (and when we put him down for naps), if you play music, he gets on all fours then puts his butt in the air and bounces by bending his knees. He loves to crawl up you, stand on your lap and laugh and bounce. Happy 10 months my crazy little man!!








No comments: