My First Mother's Day

Despite the dreary, snowy (yes SNOW!) weather, I had the most joyful day. I am so thankful for my wonderful son who made it possible for me to celebrate today in the first place. Last year I was weeks away from meeting him, and today I get to (try to) hold and cuddle him and tell him how much I love him. He brings me so much joy (although it isn't always easy) and I am so honored to be his mommy.



My first mother's day also wouldn't have been perfect without my amazing husband. As I type, I'm sitting next to a burning candle and flowers in a green-painted mason jar sipping on a Malbec, but that's not where it began. He made breakfast this morning (not served in bed as he does not believe in eating in your bed), sent Carson and I to mommy-and-me yoga and spent his afternoon cleaning our house, cooking and cutting up all the fresh fruit I bought yesterday. I admit there are times I don't think he fully understands or appreciates all that I do or how much stress I endure, but today he made me feel very much appreciated and it was so nice to enjoy a stress-free day.




Happy Mother's Day to all the moms I know, and especially my mom and mother-in-law! I wish everyday we lived closer to you guys so you could watch Carson grow (but then I remember I'd be living in Kansas again ;)) At least we are close enough now to make lots of trips back home!! I hope you all have nice relaxing days and still know how much you are appreciated even though we aren't nearby to show it.








No comments: