While Mommy's Away...

Well I have survived my first time leaving Carson alone...for 3+ days!!! Last Tuesday I went out of town for work and left Carson in the caring hands of his dad and Nonni. Surprisingly I did quite well and never had that "aching, missing" feeling. The first couple nights I was relieved to not be on baby duty! I probably had more stress myself getting stuck on my layover in Chicago. Thank goodness for my sister-in-law who graciously came and picked me up in the frigid temps (at 27 weeks pregnant) and let me crash on their spare bed.

While I was gone Carson was busy learning new things. First came the clapping and Nonni also helped him learn to drink from his sippy cup. And she made some potpie which Carson found delicious! So spoiled!! I was so excited to get home Saturday morning to see his new tricks. We had plans to head to the mountains for some snowshoeing but the weather was not very favorable. We were able to go out before I left and we couldn't have had better weather. We went to Chicago Lakes near Mt Evans. Of course our "adventure" turned into a typical Jennings outing (can't find our final destination) but thankfully Carson was a trooper and didn't fuss at all on the 4+ hours we were out.



Well nothing else new to report with little man. Oh he has finally started falling asleep on his own for bedtime AND naps! We didn't really have to do any training, he just seemed ready for it. Stay tuned because Carson starts swimming lessons on Saturday :)

No comments: