Mommy Check-Up

I just got the "all-clear" from the doc at my 6 week check-up today. Time to resume all activities...music to my ears! I have truly missed a good sweaty workout and can't wait to get my butt back in to good cardio shape. One of my biggest fears about getting pregnant was gaining weight and having difficulty getting it back off. Even though I'm tiny, I also had issues with gaining weight quickly. But thanks to my P90X and Insanity, I got myself into great shape pre-pregnancy which helped me bounce right back to my "almost" original self.

On top of getting news I can workout again, I got more exciting news just as I was about to take a nap. My benefits department from work called me to discuss my timeline for returning back to work. I didn't know what there was to "discuss" as I was only approved from 6 weeks from insurance and can't afford to take any unpaid leave with FMLA. Little did I know my work grants an additional PAID 2 weeks for parental leave for "bonding." Excellent!! I went from bored out of my mind around 3 weeks and ready to return to work, to 6 weeks and not wanting my leave to end. Glad I get a few more weeks to "bond" with my guy :)

39 weeks: 130lbs

6 weeks postpartum: 107lbs

In the world of Carson we are working on our smiles!! I have yet to capture a real good one, but don't worry. One of these days I'll get it. I also believe he just went through his 6-week growth spurt. We've got some 3 month onesies that all-of-a-sudden fit pretty darn well. We are also testing Carson's car riding abilities as we have decided to head back to Kansas for the 4th. I'm very excited for Carson to see family and friends!!

Looking fly in my plaid overalls for church

No comments: