Baby J: 12 Weeks

Well I have made it to the 12 week mark and only a few more weeks and I'm free of the first trimester. Not that mine has been horrible or anything but still a big stepping stone! I've been fortunate to not experience any sickness and only an occassional nausea feeling after dinner. The big change for me is eating did not sound like a good idea at all and no food really sounded appetizing but as soon as I took a few bites of something those thoughts went away. When I first found out I was pregnant I quit doing my crazy workout videos and my cardio took a big hit! But in the past month I've been doing one every now and then (in moderation) and am still trying to run but it is a lot harder. Gotta get my cardio back up for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving!


How far along: 12 weeks
Best moment this week: having more energy and not needing a nap after work
Have you told family and friends: yes, we shared the news on Halloween. My best friend cried and my dad was in complete shock and had to call me back later to say congrats, lol(http://reidntara.blogspot.com/2012/10/spooktacular-halloween-surprise.html)
Miss Anything: enjoying a beer during football games. At least now I get plenty of water in :)
Movement: nope

Food cravings: french fries! my husband says I'm craving junk food because we deprived ourselves from it for so long
Anything making you queasy or sick: salads and frozen turkey burgers. they use to be my go-to lunch
Have you started to show yet: if you call the bloated, fat belly showing then yes!

Gender prediction: I really have no predection. I would say girl but I think that is because I'm secretly wishing it is a girl :)
Looking forward to: not feeling "fat"

Fun fact this month: to date, baby j has hiked/climbed the following... baby j has also made a trip to Manhattan, KS to watch K-State beat Miami!
     1. Challenger (14,081)/Kit Carson (14,165) and part of Shavano - 2 weeks (Sept 2-3)
     2. James Peak (13,294) - 4 weeks (Sept 16)
     3. Pikes Peak (14,110) - 6 weeks (Sept 29)
     4. Part of Quandary - 7 weeks (Oct 7)
     5. Vasquez Peak (12,947) - 9 weeks (Oct 21)
     6. Mt Lindsey (14,042) - 11 weeks (Nov 4)

I'll finish this post with my craft project to document the belly and baby growth. I have seen plenty of people using the chalkboard technique on pinterest so I thought it would be the easiest. However when I went to Hobby Lobby to find a board they were all sold out. So I wandered through the isles and stumbled across what looks like a slice of a tree stump. Perfect for this outdoor-loving gal. I grabbed some chalk-paint and after a few coats it was ready to go! I am not using chalk-pens but just your average chalk (found for 99 cents at Target). The wood wipes clean with water and a rag so you can re-write all you want.





1 comment:

nonni said...

very cute. i LOVE reading all about baby j! especially since i am the mother of the dad. love, nonni