Toilet Talks with the Toddler

We just recently came up with our plan to start potty training Carson {who will be three at the end of May}. To date we haven't done much at all. We haven't felt he's ready and since he has a mind of his own and we just weren't ready to make potty training another battle in our house. So we've been pretty lax and if he expresses he wants to sit on the potty, we let him sit. He's been in a potty-training class at daycare for about 4 months now and they sit on the potty every two hours. And just last week we got our first WIP (went in potty) note on his daily sheet! Still not ready to dive in to potty training just yet, we did not jump on board with him going at school and make him start at home.

The next day our bedtime routine was going as normal and just as I was about to start brushing his teeth Carson turned to me and said, "I need to pee potty." Alright buddy, so we sat. And then he peed!



"Hey I did it. I need pee more."
"Yeah! I need pee again."
{Clapping} I need pee again."

And the above phrase happened about 20 times  until...

"Actually I need poop. Oh sorry, I just need pee more."
"I hear butt fart. Weiner no fart." (Boys will be boys!)

And then he pooped! I was definitely taken off guard. I've heard so many stories of number 2 taking a while to train. But it seems it is working best for us to wait and let Carson tell us when he's ready. As long as he's potty-trained by kindergarten we're fine, right?! Lol!! And for your entertainment, here's some more "toilet talk with the toddler." Hope your Friday night was as entertaining as mine and yes, there's video for future embarrassment ;)!



"No mommy!" (because I'm dying of laughter and apparently he doesn't approve.
"Mommy, I must get poop out butt."
"Snyder poops outside. I poop in house. Snyder doesn't need poop in potty."

Oh toddlers...

No comments: