6 Week Shenanigans

I have hit the 6 week postpartum mark and it was a busy week for our family. Mid last week we travelled to Kansas to celebrate Reid's grandmother's 80th birthday. It was particularly a special time since it basically was a big family reunion with people traveling from 7 different states to celebrate (Reid's immediate family alone made up 5 states). His mom was so happy to have all her children and grandchildren together for the first time in 2 years.








This also happened to be Cooper's first trip (of many I'm sure) to Kansas. He did great traveling and slept through both flights. Carson did great as well and had fun using his new headphones to watch a movie. While we were back we made a trip to Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead. I wish there was something for kids like this place in Denver. We took Carson last year for his first birthday and he was able to do and enjoy so much more this time. It was a whirlwind weekend, but it always is when you have two sets of families and high school and college friends to try and see.

























Another component to our 6 week shenanigans is an update on Cooper. He is smiling and making cute baby noises. It's so fun to have him interacting with us. He loves a picture we have hanging behind the couch. Whenever I go to burp him while sitting on the couch he looks up at it and gets the cheesiest grin. He also loves to smile when you talk to him. He is beginning to "tolerate" the pacifier if you hold it in his mouth. Sometimes he'll even keep it in himself for a little bit. But he has found his hands and if the pacifier falls out he will start chomping on his fists. I have also noticed him starting to drool. He is still not the best sleeper but I'm hoping it's because I haven't had the time to adapt him to a schedule. Things were a bit hectic with big brother around. But now that he is back in daycare I'm going to make that my focus before I go back to work. He is a little less fussy now and his spit-ups have seemed to taper off a bit (which I think was the culprit of his fussiness). He doesn't seem to be a fan of the rocker or bouncer seat so that might make work fun! Hopefully that changes. He makes the goofiest faces and is very noisy in his sleep. I still can't believe how much he looks like Carson and I do catch myself having to make sure I say the right name ;) If only he would sleep like his big brother!





















To wrap up our week I had my 6 week check-up and got the all clear. My body didn't bounce back like it did with Carson which I expected because the last couple months I scaled back (and by scale back I mean did not do any) my workouts. I'm looking forward to figuring out a good routine where I can regularly work out and start getting back in shape again. Also Carson went back to daycare this week to give me a little break before I start work on September 3rd. I'm hoping to try and catch up on some sleep and spend some time with Cooper and really figuring him out. So far we are doing great and I started him on a bedtime routine. We will see if this helps him sleep better at night!

No comments: