Nonni To The Rescue

I had high hopes for the weekend with Nonni coming to town (and even pre-planned a blog "Adventures With Nonni"). Originally we were going to head back to Kansas for our 10 year high school reunion, but at the last minute Reid and I realized how exhausted we were from traveling so much and ready for a weekend at home. Well we are so glad Nonni decided to make the visit out because the weekend was not quite what we had planned for...

On Thursday I hosted playdate for my moms group. Naturally I was frantically cleaning the house up until the first mom knocked on the door, but we had a great time on a 2.5 mile group run followed by playtime for the kiddos and refreshments. I always mean to take lots of pictures, but of course it never happens. Thankfully some moms used my camera for a few.









Later on Thursday and Friday I noticed Carson having some diarrhea but I thought it might have been from snacking a bunch at our playdate and not having any real solid foods. It continued into Friday and then that night he didn't eat dinner, which isn't totally uncommon but we had something he normally chows right down. He stirred/cried a little that night but I just let him settle down on his own because this too has been happening more frequently lately, but poor thing when I got him in the morning was covered in dried throwup. I felt so bad and even a bath wasn't enough to clean him up! All Saturday morning he continued his throwing up and we finally got him settled down for a 4 hour nap! This seemed to help his puking but not the diarrhea. We knew Nonni would be in later this day so she would have good advice on how to help!

Even with him feeling sick, he never lost his personality. So Sunday morning we decided to head to the mountains to take Nonni to see the changing trees. At this point I wasn't feeling so good, but I assumed it was some wine I had the night before. We went to Kenosha Pass and hiked along the Colorado Trail for a bit. What a madhouse this was! But thankfully the trails didn't seem too bad (aside from all the mountain bikers).

















As we were getting closer to the trail head I knew something wasn't right. The whole ride back home I was so nauseous which is the worst feeling to have while being trapped in the car on a highway. But thankfully I made it back home and instantly curled up in bed. A few hours later, Reid started complaining about his stomach and before you knew it he had it worse than both Carson and I. Poor Nonni's "adventure" weekend turned into being our personal nurse as Reid and I couldn't move from our positions on the couch. She was great in entertaining Carson, making us food, finishing our laundry, running to the grocery store, you name it Nonni was probably doing it. At least she got to take Carson to the park for a little bit and have an apple picker "helper" for some homemade applesauce! Next time Nonni, we will take you to all the fun things I had planned! Thanks for taking care of us!




No comments: