Here and There....

Looks like I have a little bit of catching up to do. Last weekend Reid and I went out on another hiking adventure. We attempted the James Peak hike again and made it one step further by making it to the right trailhead but this time took the wrong branch off trail. Good thing with Colorado is there is always a beautiful place to explore.

Our wrong turn landed us at Crater Lakes. We decided to hike above the lakes and found a campspot between to smaller lakes. Afer setting up camp we set out to do a bit more exploring around the area. We ended up at the top of Peak 1260 where we could see James Peak, the place we inteded on going from the get to. This time around I had my Nook on-hand so I wouldn't get too bored before bed time. Between that and the small stream running near our tent, I had a pretty good night's sleep for camping. Good thing because the next day I was leaving for Seattle for a few days.

Looking down at Crater Lakes

Family photo at our campsite
Twice a year myself and the other home-basers for my work head out to Seattle to work in the office. We always love our August because it is such a beautiful time to be in Seattle. On this trip, we explored a new port town and went on a ferry to Bainbridge Island. Even though it was a work trip, itsure is nice to be able to get away to one place I enjoy visiting.

View of downtown Bellevue, WA from my hotel room

Cute part of downtown Edmonds, WA (port city on the Puget Sound)

Our office always has time for a game of Whirly Ball

Seattle skyline on our ferry ride to Bainbridge Island

View of a new ferris wheel in downtown Seattle
This weekend Reid headed out to Aspen to do some technical climbing with a friend. That left Snyder and I am home to hang out. On his way out of town, Reid dropped us off at the dog park. Snyder and I stayed there for a bit then headed across the street to do some hiking on Green Mountain. It ended up being quite a long hike but we enjoyed some great views of Red Rocks and downtown Denver. We finished our hike only to have another 3-4 mile walk home. Let's just say Snyder and I are now enjoying some nice relaxation at home.

View of downtown from Green Mountain

Red Rocks from Green Mountain

Hiking with my pups

 The weather finally feels like fall is coming and this is my most favorite time of the year! Football, pumpkin flavored goodies, spice candles and trees changing colors...very much looking forward to it.

No comments: